Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Another sketch dump

These are from my current sketchbook, which is about five pages from full.

I really like how the chick with the iPod turned out.

Anne and Dejon were drawing little girls with rats tied in their hair, and I don;t know why. They told me I should draw one too.

This is my response to discovering the animated series "The Batman", which has to be the lamest name for a show ever. I mean, he's not THE Batman. He's just BATMAN. Also, I really hate the character designs. They bug me on a structural level.

I wish I could get away with wearing stuff like that. I'm just not cool enough.

Apparently, this chick does not seem to fine ninja pigs very exciting.

These were redesigns of some characters of mine that I never did anything with. The one on the left kind of ended up looking like me. So I did a few drawings of myself using a similar design.

I drew myself as the statue of liberty for some reason.

And then as a pissed off ballerina fairy princess. I kind of want to work a cleaned up version of this into my website design, once I get my portfolio site up.

I don't know who that guy is, but MAN I can be a bitch sometimes.

More to come later.

1 comment:

Andrew Ironwood said...

Actually, The Batman *started out* as "The Batman" back in the 30's & 40's but eventually (no doubt due to subtle pressures to conform to the nomeclature of the other spandex wearers) became just "Batman" by the time the TV show came out. The comic books (and other media) of recent years, however, have reverted back to "The Batman" fer the most part in some sort of attempt to put back some of his Golden Age tabloid-headline ("The Batman Spotted In City Park! Exclusive Pics!") 'creepyness' (or so I've heard -- not having bought any comics in the last decade or so...)

[/end pointless picayune fanboy corrective...]